Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Runner's Regret

This past weekend I ran in my first ever road race. Even though I ran it purely due to family peer pressure, I still did "train" (sort of), and had worked my way up to doing a solid 2-3 miles without dying. So, even though the race itself was 5.2 miles, I figured I'd be fiiiiine and the adrenaline would take me the rest of the way. Wrong. For some reason, even the very first steps of the race were hard. Like, I was winded in the first 2 minutes of the race, and every single step thereafter was hard. I forgot to wear a watch, and the course was poorly marked, so I was asking random people how far we were the whole time. It was bad. It was hard. It was not at all fun. 

This photo was taken when my brother, who had long since finished, ran an entire mile back to help me finish the end of the race. And I look like I've had an accident - awesome. 



Here's to next year! Since my family has already decided to make it an annual "thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment