Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Guys...

How do you budget? Is it normal to be really bad at it? I mean, I'm 28...I feel like I should have more money saved up, although I guess everyone feels that way. But really, I'm stressed today about not having budgeted well for the month of August. August means back to school shopping, and that means I just blew a bunch of money on REALLY cute fall clothes - but now what?!

I like to budget by the day, so after bills and putting 20% into savings (when I'm being good), I divide the amount I have left by the number of days in the month. According to my plan, I only have 23 dollars PER DAY left to spend this month, and it's only August 16th...eesh. Looks like I'll be eating my share of PBJ's this month.

DAMMIT I just remembered I am going to a wedding this weekend, so the gift brings it down to...18 dollars a day. UGH.

Whatever, this sandwich DOES look pretty good. 

 
(image from seriouseats.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment