Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

NYC

Been living in the city for a few short months, and I've realized a few things.

Everything moves so fast here. The people on the streets, the hours in the day.

If I were starting a job straight out of college, I would be steamrolled by stress. I mean, I'm stressed, but I really don't know how the (relative) young'uns here do it. I feel like the few years of job experience I have under my belt are essential to my success here.
Black and white cookies are a thing. And they're good.
Bagels are a thing. And they're very good.

Doughnuts are not a thing...I figured, oh wow, so many tasty bagel places, I bet they have great doughnuts! I walked like 25 blocks one morning trying to find an NYC doughnut, only to sulk back to Dunkin' Donuts to get a stale chocolate frosted. Don't even get me started on the place called Three Star Donut that does not in fact sell any doughnuts.

And lastly, the people here are very nice. I don't mean that sarcastically.

So far I do this a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment